Festival-goers will enjoy local food, an open wine and beer bar, an awesome array of silent auction items, and a slate of stunning films taking audiences to beautiful places, introducing them to the wildlife and people that inhabit these places, and depicting the individuals who are working to protect and preserve them. The films instill a deep appreciation and a sense of wonder for the natural world that surrounds and supports us.
We hope you can make it to the Wild & Scenic Film Festival this year, November 16, 6:00 pm, at the Avalon Theatre in Easton. The $50 ticket includes an open bar and food this year, as well as the silent auction and films. Proceeds go to support the work of Midshore Riverkeeper Conservancy.
In the afternoon on November 16, MRC will also host two children’s programs where 2nd and 3rd graders from three of our local elementary schools will participate in an art program that culminates in watching the slate of delightful children’s films. The 2:00 pm program is open and free for you to bring your children.
A sampling of silent auction items include:
• Dinner for up to ten cooked at your home by noted Chef Jean Carlo Tondin of Scossa’s with accompanying wine provided by Philip Bernot of Wishing Well Liquors
• A week at a ski chalet in Sun Valley, Idaho
• An oil painting by noted wildlife artist Jonathan Shaw
• A night’s stay at Bartlett Pear’s “King’s Suite” with dinner for two
• Dinner and lunch at the Inn at Perry Cabin
• Bouchaine Winery dinner for eight prepared in your home
• Box seats for six at the Legg Mason Tennis Classic in DC
• Rehobeth Beach Oceanfront Condo for a week
• Florida B&B Guest House for a week
• A two hour skipjack cruise for up to 24
• A nature paddle on the upper Choptank with biologist Nick Carter
• A day on the river with your Riverkeeper, lunch included
To purchase tickets please contact the Avalon Theatre: www.avalontheatre.com or Box Office 410- 822- 7299. For any other information please contact Natalie Costanzo at the Midshore Riverkeeper Conservancy at email@example.com or 443-385-0511.
In photo: “An Ill Wind”