The Prospect Bay Country Club in Grasonville, Maryland was the proud sponsor of a very successful “Rally for the Cure” golf tournament on Monday, September 20, 2010. The PBCC ladies organized the annual event which was designed to raise awareness about the importance of early detection of breast cancer and to raise funds for breast cancer awareness and research. The rally raised $14,200 which will be contributed to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation to be used for local Maryland initiatives.
One hundred and twelve ladies participated in the eighteen hole tournament to “Tee Off Against Breast Cancer.” The winners were as follows:
• First place: Beth Wieczorek, Karen Seibel, Lori Yacobi, and Dorothy Cahill won the tournament with a score of 65 after a match of cards.
• Second Place: Karen White, Karen Dooley, Mary Watko, and Bianca Hutton came in second with a score of 65.
• Third place: Linda Bailey, Julie Dixon, Sherry Leisenring, Liz Young
• Pink Ball first place: Ellen Taylor, Diana Wolfe, Sheila Chittams, Janine Harig
• Pink Ball second place: Susan Ponchock, Joan Posner, Kathy Kelly, Dee Dee Murphy
• Longest drive: Karen Seibel
• Straightest drive: Joyce Stilson
• Closest to the pin on the Rally Holes: Diane Godfrey and Jan Thompson
• Pretty in Pink: Marge Fuller
• Congratulations to all of our winners!
Our rally planning committee worked since April to ensure the success of this tournament. Thank you to Sue Bray, Dot Dernoga, Marian Dipboye, Karen Dooley, Caryn Taublib, Pam Timony, Mary Watko, Karen White, Liz Young, and Deb Zussman for their tireless efforts.
Many local businesses and individuals, as well as the Prospect Bay Country Club supported the rally with generous donations, hole sponsorships, and volunteer hours. Rich Setter, Mike Norton, Tom Tipton and their staffs provided a top notch tournament, outstanding playing conditions on the course, and a fabulous luncheon. Thank you to everyone who made this event such a success.