Eating vegetables and fruits is one step to living a healthier life. Centreville Farmers’ Market volunteers are bringing this idea to the forefront by presenting a series of events called the “Healthy Living Series.” All events are free and will take place at the farmers’ market at Lawyers Row and Commerce Street, Centreville.
- Saturday, May 31, Meet Your Farmers’ Market Vendors, 11 a.m. – noon. Join Tina Squibb, resident and certified Holistic Health Coach, as she tours the market and introduces you not only to our market farmers and vendors, but also to some seasonal produce. Learn about the nutritional value and some fun recipes to try out. Tours start at 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, June 28, Food Safety and Storage, 9 to 11 a.m. Stop wasting food. Join Bonnie Anthony of the Queen Anne’s County Health Department, for this informational program on safety and storage.
- Saturday, July 26. Meet Your Farmers’ Market Vendors, 11 a.m. – noon. Tours start at 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, August 30, Blood pressure screenings, 9 to 11 a.m. Queen Anne’s County Health Department will conduct free blood pressure screenings at the market.
- Saturday, October 25, Kids Day at the Market, 9 to 11 a.m. Enjoy free kids activities at the market.
For more information, call Centreville Main Street at (410) 758-1180, ext. 17 or email@example.com.