Kent County Kids Who Care Award
Family & Community Partnerships of Kent County (FCPKC) is calling on young change-makers to apply for our Kent County Kids Who Care Award. A minimum of three winner(s) will receive an award of up to $1,000 to help make a lasting, positive change in the world.
Who are we looking for? Young people who are or want to create a lasting, positive change through volunteer and community service projects. We are especially interested in ongoing, youth-led projects that highlight the creativity of young people working to meet the needs of others.
What is our goal? To recognize community change-makers, and help them in their mission to help others.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Applicants must be ages 5-18 and no older than 18 years of age at the time of the volunteer project. Applicants who are younger than 13 must have someone older than 13 prepare and submit the application for them.
- Applicants must reside in Kent County or primarily target Kent County with their service project.
- Applicants must have a project mentor and a sponsoring organization that will accept the award funds for the applicant and work with them to utilize the funds. Please contact Family & Community Partnerships of Kent County if you need assistance in locating a sponsoring organization.
- Applicants may apply for an idea they have for a new project, or for funds to enhance a project they have already implemented.
- Applicants may apply for any amount up to the award ceiling of $1,000.
- The volunteer/service project must take place in 2015.
- Previous applicants and award recipients are welcome to apply again this year.
- A completed application includes the application form and a budget. The forms can be completed electronically or paper copy. The electronic version can be accessed by going to this site: http://goo.gl/forms/9naiDtDPiF All forms are due by midnight on Friday, January 16th.
- Once all applications are received, board members of Family & Community Partnerships of Kent County will meet to review and make a selection(s). The project leader and the project leader’s parent/guardian(s) will be notified by Friday, March 20th.
For more information, contact:
Family & Community Partnerships of Kent County
Rebecca Lepter, Director
709 Morgnec Rd, Chestertown, MD 21620