Rock Hall Home Explodes; $8oK Damage

A Rock Hall home was destroyed when propane gas caused an explosion. Investigators say no one was hurt in the explosion. Deputy Fire Marshal Paul Schlotterbeck said the homeowner, Jennifer Kirchner, was not home at the time of the explosion. The single-story wood-frame home is located at 5810 Judefind Avenue. Investigators believe the explosion occurred in the home’s crawl space, probably by a leak in a gas line. The estimated total cost to the home and its contents is $80,000.