ShoreVenture, a comprehensive 10-week course for entrepreneurs and business owners is now enrolling students. Classes will be held at Chesapeake College, Wye Mills, on Tuesdays from 6 to 9 p.m., starting March 19th and ending May 21. The class fee is $295.00, and is 100% refundable upon satisfactory completion of the course. Register online at shoreventure.com. For more information, call (410) 770-9330.
Sponsored by the Eastern Shore Entrepreneurship Center (ESEC), Easton, ShoreVenture is designed to provide guidance and support in a group-oriented environment, and is taught by actual Eastern Shore entrepreneurs. The course is based on the nation’s leading entrepreneur training program called NewVenture, which was developed by the Kauffman Foundation.
ShoreVenture curriculum includes:
- Assessing the feasibility of a business idea and how that concept matches the participant’s personal vision;
- Determining the appropriate steps for small business success;
- Defining target market and discovering competitive advantage;
- Identifying creative marketing tools, key issues and strategies for operating a viable business;
- Establishing appropriate cash flow projections and recordkeeping requirements; and
- Examining and discussing the problems and pitfalls frequently encountered when starting a small business.
For information on course content or the Chesapeake College spring ShoreVenture class, call ESEC at (410) 770-9330. Registration is underway.
Founded in 2006, ESEC works to develop and enhance an entrepreneurial ecosystem on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. ESEC provides training; services and programs to help business owners and entrepreneurs succeed by creating greater access to capital, including revolving and nano-loan fund programs. ESEC also offers educational programs that develop entrepreneurial skills and knowledge.