THE ANNOUNCMENT AND TALKING POINTS
Below is a link to the announcement as posted on the State of Maryland website. It was also carried by a number of print and broadcast media in the state.
- United Way of Queen Anne’s County is proud to partner with Governor O’Malley and United Ways across the state to help low-income families who are struggling to keep their homes heated this winter.
- By visiting www.uwcm.org/winter2014, you can make an online donation to help low-income residents in the Maryland county of your choice who are facing difficulty paying their utility bills this winter.
- 100% of donations to this emergency utility assistance campaign will go to those in need.
- Extreme winter weather this year has left many Maryland residents with high energy bills, and for those who are already walking a financial tightrope, any increase in bills can set them over the edge.
- United Way is an efficient, effective and trusted fundraiser committed to mobilizing the community to improve people’s lives. Helping those in need meet their basic needs is a critical part of United Way’s work.
- Our colleagues at United Way of Central Maryland established a fundraising platform, www.uwcm.org/winter2014, where online donations can be made. Donors must select a Maryland county to direct their gift to. Local United Ways across the state are managing donations directed toward their regions.
- This emergency utility assistance campaign was launched by Governor O’Malley on February 24 and will run through April 2014.